May 23, 2020
Dear Bethel Family,
Thank you for praying for our Elder Board meeting this past Monday night. Nine men were present including the elders, pastor, treasurer, head trustee, and three others. We felt God moving as we prayed and discussed how to move forward as a body of believers in Jesus Christ.
I will share the outcome of our meeting for your information and for continued prayer as we seek God and His kingdom together. Please read each item carefully.
- 1. Starting on Sunday, May 31st, we will resume Sunday Worship Service at 9 am. This will be a worship service only, with no prayer gathering beforehand or donuts and coffee afterward. Also, there will be no Family Bible study hour at this time.
Gleaned from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidance, here are some guidelines for our gathering:
a. Social distancing is to be practiced. Couples and families are encouraged to sit together, but should be appropriately distanced from other individuals, couples or families in the pews.
b. This also means physical contact will be discouraged. Difficult as it may be, please refrain from handshakes, hugs, and other such contact. Friendly waves, smiles, nods and warmly spoken greetings will be encouraged.
c. Cloth face coverings are encouraged, especially when social distancing is difficult. Be considerate of others’ choices, whether they are wearing a face covering or not.
d. Any cough or sneeze should be done into one’s elbow or use a tissue to cover it, and then throw the tissue away and thoroughly wash hands.
The church will be thoroughly cleaned on Saturday May 30th. All frequently touched surfaces will be sanitized.
Other items for attendees’ awareness:
a. Doors will remain propped open for easy entry and exit.
b. There will be no bulletins or use of hymnals. Touching of surfaces will be minimized.
c. There will be no music team for now, to minimize microphone use, et al.
d. Recorded music and videos will be used.
e. Ushers will be available before, during and after the service for assistance and guidance.
f. Offering baskets will not be passed during the service. Receptacles for offering will be announced at the service. Offering may always be mailed to the church or dropped in the church mailbox.
- 2. For those who stay at home a worship service will continue to be sent out, including links to music and Pastor Randy’s sermon.
- 3. If you have any reservations about gathering—for reasons of health, safety, or conscience—you have our blessing to remain at home. We fully support and understand that decision.
- 4. If you are sick or have any current health issues, please do stay at home.
- 5. If you have any special needs to be considered, or any questions or concerns please contact Pastor Randy or one of the elders.
In my Bible reading this week I read again the words of Ecclesiastes 3: “There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens…” including “a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.”
God has been working in many ways during this time of “refraining.” As we ease back into gathering for worship, we look forward to what God has for us in this next season of activity. Proverbs 16:3 says, “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.”
In Christ’s abiding love,